Monday, August 29, 2005

Circus Sheets and God

I think my new sheets are too loud...They're keeping me awake at night. I bought them about a week and a half ago, and I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since. I had been looking for some funky sheets, besides the gross blue ones I had, and found some Tommy Hilfiger ones that were striped blue, pink, white and magenta. They were 50% off, so I bought them. The morning after I'd slept in them the first time, I looked at my bed...It looks like a circus tent! It's horrible. I'm gonna keep them because I like the color, but...I don't know what to do about my sleep pattern. I don't understand the logic of my command team. Labor Day weekend for the Army, is a four day weekend. Which is good for the rest of the Army, because they don't work on the weekends. The band on the other hand works almost once every weekend. And, this weekend is like every other. We usually have comp days, and this time it was going to be: Friday, Saturday off, work Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off. Which is still retarded because, yeah, you have four days totally, but they're not all in a row. So, this morning chief tells everyone that they are taking Tuesday away, and giving us a three day the next weekend. I don't want a three day! I was four days! I want to have time to travel Japan. I want to go and see Kyoto, I want to see the big Buda...And how am I supposed to do that if I'm not getting the time off! Grr. I can plan as best I can this time, I know I'm gonna have three days...I'll see what I can dig up. I'm watching the news about Hurricane Katrina, and I feel bad, but it reminds me of this story: There was a man, Steve, who lived in Florida and he heard that a hurricane was coming. He decided that he didn't need to leave, that God would look out for him and he would be fine. So, there was about an hour or so until the hurricane was going to hit and there was a knock on Steve's door. There was a man standing there whom Steve had never seen. "Come on!" the man said, "I have a truck and we can get out of here before the storm hits. Come with me!" Steve thanked the man but said, "I'm not leaving. I'll be fine. God will take care of me." "Suit yourself," the man said, hopping in his truck and driving off. The hurricane hit, and there was lots of flooding. Steve was standing in his window sill, trying to keep dry, when a man in a row boat sailed by. "Come on!" the man in the row boat said. "I can take one more with me." "No, thank you!" Steve said. "I'm going to stay here. God will take care of me." The man shook his head, but rowed away. Finally, Steve was standing on his roof. The water was rising even higher, and a helicopter flew by. A man on a rescue line, came down. "Come on!" the man said. "Grab hold, and we'll be on our way." Steve refused. "I'm not leaving." he said. "God will take care of me." The man gave a signal to the others in the helicopter and flew away. The water rose and rose. It was over Steve's head and he fought as much as he could, but couldn't keep his head above the water. Eventually, Steve passed away. He arrived in heaven and was angry. "What is this?" He asked himself, "God was supposed to take care of me. If he had been why am I here?" He heard a great voice behind him, and spun around. He was looking God straight in the face. God said. "I did take care of you. I sent the man with the truck, the man with the row boat, and a whole crew in a helicopter, and you refused. As far as I'm concerned you deserved to die. You're a fool." The end. Have a nice day!

No comments: